Friday, September 18, 2020

Handling the elder kid along with the younger one


 Hi Me,

I created this blog to express my feelings through poems. I loved writing poems and this was the only was I could keep it going in my life.. But for a change, this one is not going to be a poem. 

So I had my first kid 5 years back. She was everything to me. I pampered her like anything. We both were(still are) one soul. But then when i was expecting my second child, all I could think about was how she was going to feel about it. Was she going to feel insecure? Will she hate her sibling? These questions never left my mind.

So I started preparing her slowly.. How I had a small baby in tummy, how i was going to get him out in a hospital and I was going to be on bedrest for a month. How she has to take care of herself and her sibling now. A lot of things. Slowly she started bathing herself, getting dressed by herself, her dad learnt to make her hair. many new changes were happening. She stayed in my moms place for a month(for the first time away from me).

And now we are staying together, in one place. she helps me with all my work, be it changing her brothers nappy, helping me in kitchen, running around doing all small works asked by other family members, drying clothes etc.. 

I want to teach her that no work is small, no work is disgusting. 

She is very naughty, she does lie when she is scared, she does throw milk in sink or food in dustbin when no1 is looking. I have done all these myself but she does not have to know it. I keep trying to teach her right and wrong but I think there are few things life will teach her by herself.

I have a feeling she will turn out to be a good human being, just like her DAD. And she will make me proud.

Love u Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment