Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Few lines I found




This Day I Married My Best Friend
Author Unknown

This day I married my best friend
...the one I laugh with as we share life's wonderous zest,
as we find new enjoyments and experience all that's best.
...the one I live for because the world seems brighter
as our happy times are better and our burdens feel much lighter. 
...the one I love with every fiber of my soul. 
We used to feel vaguely incomplete, now together we are whole.


Our Mother
Author Unknown

You are the mother I received
The day I wed your son.And I just want to thank you, Mum 
For all the things you've done. 
You've given me a gracious man
With whom I share my life.
You are his loving mother and 
I his lucky wife. 
You used to pat his little head,
And now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy 
And gave to me a man.


Yes, I'll Marry You
Pam Ayres


Yes, I'll marry you, my dear,
And here's the reason why;
So I can push you out of bed
When the baby starts to cry,
And if we hear a knocking
And it's creepy and it's late,
I hand you the torch you see,
And you investigate.
Yes, I'll marry you, my dear,
You may not apprehend it,
But when the tumble-drier goes
It's you that has to mend it,
You have to face the neighbour
Should our labrador attack him,
And if a drunkard fondles me
It's you that has to whack him.
Yes, I'll marry you,
You're virile and you're lean,
My house is like a pigsty
You can help to keep it clean. 
That sexy little dinner 
Which you served by candlelight, 
As I do chipolatas, 
You can cook it every night! 
It's you who has to work the drill
and put up curtain track,
And when I've got PMT it's you who gets the flak, 
I do see great advantages, 
But none of them for you, 
And so before you see the light, 
I do, I do, I do! 


These I Can Promise
Author Unknown

I cannot promise you a life of sunshine;
I cannot promise riches, wealth, or gold;
I cannot promise you an easy pathway
That leads away from change or growing old.
But I can promise all my heart's devotion;
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;
A love that's ever true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.


The Colour of My Love
David Foster and Arthur Janov
I'll paint a sun to warm your heart
Knowing that we'll never part.
I'll draw the years all passing by 
So much to learn, so much to try. 
I'll paint my mood in a shadow blue,
Paint my soul to be with you.
I'll sketch your lips in shaded tones, 
Draw your mouth to my own. 
I'll trace a hand to wipe your tears
And trace a look to calm your fears.
A silhouette of dark and light 
To hold each other oh so tight. 
I'll paint the stars in the evening sky,
Draw the light into your eyes,
A touch of love, a touch of grace, 
To softly fall on your moonlit face. 
And with this ring our lives will start,
Let nothing keep our love apart.
I'll take your hand to hold in mine,
And be together through all time. 





Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Geniuses of countless nations
Have told their love for generations
Till all their memorable phrases Are common as goldenrod or daisies. 
Their girls have glimmered like the moon, 
Or shimmered like a summer moon, 
Stood like a lily, fled like a fawn, 
Now the sunset, now the dawn, 
Here the princess in the tower 
There the sweet forbidden flower. 
Darling, when I look at you 
Every aged phrase is new, 
And there are moments when it seems 
I've married one of Shakespeare's dreams. 


PS: Not my composition. Found something online that i enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment